Monday, October 01, 2007

Last Hurrah for Summer Tomatoes

It's the last few weeks of the season for tomatoes and I wanted to make something that really celebrated this ruby red beauties. So I decided to make a tart, which I rarely do because of all the butter and cheese inside. But I bought this cute little French tart tin at Sur La Table that was only 8-inches so I thought it wouldn't make a very big tart. I whipped together this tart by just combining goat and ricotta cheese and topping it with thinly sliced tomatoes. It turned out beautifully, but I have to say the tomatoes are a bit hard to eat politely. You'll definitely need to use a knife and fork to cut the tomatoes. But they were so intensely flavored because of the concentration of flavor after roasting in the oven. Now, I have to admit that this is a semi-homemade type of tart because I just bought ready-made tart pastry dough at Whole Foods. I've said before how I have a small kitchen and don't want to be bothered with rolling dough. So I had the tart taken care of by Whole Foods so I could just concentrate on what's inside. Enjoy!

No comments: