Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Autumn Colors in a Bowl

The fall is the best time to make some of the best orange-colored soup, whether it’s pumpkin or, in the case below, my roasted butternut squash soup. This silky smooth soup (the color of a fall sunset) is paired with classic ingredients: pancetta, sage and chestnut.

I have to say, hunting for the chestnut was a bit of a chore. It’s like the squirrels had worked overtime or something and had stashed all the whole chestnuts. I’ve found that chestnuts are often available at Italian specialty stores, I guess because they use it a lot in their cooking. It’s often sold in jars or in the vacuum packs. I eventually found them in the vacuum packs at The Pasta Shop at Rockridge’s Markethall. (Ironically, mines came from France.) Enjoy!

No comments: