Thursday, July 31, 2008

Fast and Furious Fried Rice

It might seem that I haven’t been cooking lately, but I have. It’s just that I’ve been making the same things lately, not feeling very creative.

But one thing that I made awhile ago that I’ve been meaning to post is this recipe for fried rice. Fried rice makes a great lunch to take to work or for the weekend because it’s easy and fast. There are all kinds of fried rice, and one of the versions I ate growing up is this fried rice made with ground meat and lettuce. The freshness of the lettuce gives this a nice crunch blending with the savory flavor of the beef. (I used ground turkey to be healthy, and you can too. BTW, I also used brown rice because that’s what I eat 99 percent of the time.)

What I also like about this recipe is the minimum number of main ingredients. It’s really just rice, ground meat, lettuce and an egg to bind everything together. Enjoy!

No comments: