Sunday, December 31, 2006

A Year of Good Food, Good Friends

Hi everyone. Thanks for visiting my blog in the past year, and I hope you'll return in '07. Here's what will be coming up in the following weeks:
-- Back to simple recipes for the weeknight such as my pork chops with mushroom and sage sauce, and then recipes with special ingredients like my Lavender Lamb Stew.
-- More reviews of area restaurants, including Cesar, Modern Tea, and Out the Door.
-- A trip to Saigon. In late January I'll be traveling to Saigon/Ho Chi Minh City, and will report back on the street vendors, farmers markets, and emerging upscale restaurants featuring the best cooking in the world. (So they say.)

Of course, there'll be regular features like my cooking videos (want to learn how to tie up a chicken?), more looks into my refrigerator and seasonal finds at the farmers markets. (By the way, the above photo features a watermelon radish, which can be as big as a beet and looks like a turnip, but is a brilliant radish with a splash of red inside instead of out. I bought some and pickled them in rice vinegar and sugar, but I was at a restaurant yesterday where they served it as a condiment simply sliced and served with some finishing salt. Cool.)

Hope you're having fun ringing in the new year! See you in 2007!

No comments: