Tuesday, December 26, 2006

How I Got Stuffed on Christmas Eve

This Christmas weekend, I wanted to take advantage of my time off and prepare for my posts for this week, which focuses on New Year's. (Who's idea was it to have two eating holidays within a week?) So on Christmas eve, I was testing out the following artichoke puff appetizer that's great for any cocktail party. But I wasn't sure how they should be presented. So I tested different sizes, different methods of folding and pinching, etc. Needless to say, I ate a lot of my artichoke-stuffed puff pastries. (And then I went to a Christmas eve party and ate this wonderful but rich trifle with heavy cream. Oy.) I finally ended up with a simple bite-size square with a dollop of artichoke-cheese mixture on top. It's simple and easy, although you end up having to hand-prepare 84 squares! (Hey, at least if you have 20 guests, they'll each have about four pieces.) The ingredients are pretty easy to find and the savory flavor is often a hit.

No comments: