Monday, October 16, 2006

Who's the Next Food Network Star?

You could be talking to the Next Food Network Star. This weekend I worked on my "audition tape" for the show because I want to take Cooking With The Single Guy to the masses! :) OK, if they even stop long enough from the laughing. Let's just say that doing a live show within 3 minutes blows! But at least I'm trying. We'll see what happens. Anywho, I demonstrated on my audition tape a dish I created called Korean-style Mapo Tofu. Mapo Tofu is a classic Chinese dish that's made with tofu and ground meat. It's spicy and comforting, served over rice. But I've modernized the dish by using kim chee. Who loves kim chee? It's like the national dish of Korea. Most people have tried kim chee as a side dish or condiment. But I think it's great cooked into dishes, giving you that spicy-sour taste that's so distinctive. If you're courageous, try my recipe below and send me good thoughts as I go through the application process at the Food Network. ;-)

No comments: