Here's the first of occasional quick video tips from me on how to do some basic techniques in food prepping. Here I show you how easy it is to roast red bell peppers and get that great smokey and intense flavor. In case you can't follow all the steps in the video, here's a recap of the simple steps:
1) Place red bell pepper on a roasting tray and place under broiler.
2) Char all the sides. Don't worry if it looks burned.
3) Place bell pepper in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap to create air-tight seal.
4) Wait 10 minutes. Then take off wrap and remove the blackened skin of the bell pepper.
5) Cut in half, and remove the seeds inside. Cut into strips. Use in pasta or salads or keep in jar of olive oil as a snack.
Naomi Pomeroy’s Porcini Braised Chicken Thighs
6 hours ago