Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Time for Some Comfort

It's gray, cold and about to rain in the Bay Area so I'm feeling like I need some comfort food. I love baked pasta because it's easy to make and you get a full tray of pasta you can eat for a few nights or freeze for later in the month. And what's better for comfort than a whole lotta cheese. :) For this particular recipe, I thought it might be fun to add apples to the recipes because apples are plentiful in the fall. And since I'm not a big fan of baking (I love pies, I just can't eat it all with my high cholesterol!), I still can get the taste of warm apple with this baked ziti recipe. I also used chicken-apple sausages to be healthier, so it's not like it's a combination that's unheard of. You can use any of your favorite sausages, but chicken or turkey sausages are leaner and healthier. Let me know what you think!

No comments: