Sunday, September 02, 2007

Labor Day Paella

Labor Day seems to be like your last chance to enjoy outdoor cooking and eating, and while most people will be grilling barbeque, I decided to make my favorite--paella. This traditional Spanish dish is typically made at the beach over coals, so it seems like a real festive dish to make over the grill as well.

For the recipe below, I'm making a summer-inspired paella with artichoke and tomatoes, with some fancy-looking Maitake mushrooms I found at the farmers market. Of course, since I have no patio, I just made this on my stove top with my individual size paella pan. But you can easily make this on your grill and serve it up to your friends from the pan as a different way to send off summer. Hope you all have an enjoyable Labor Day Weekend!

No comments: