Monday, September 03, 2007

Holiday + Heat = Line at Ici

Here I am at the end of the line for ice cream at Ici's in Berkeley today, on a Labor Day holiday. It was a beautiful day in the East Bay, about 77 degrees with a breeze. But is it really worth topping off the day in this line? Oh, you know that's rhetorical. I was there with my friends David, Ann, Stella and her son, Lucas. So it helped having friends to chat with as we waited for 45 minutes to get to the counter from where the line began when we got there at 3 p.m.

If you thought this line is crazy, just think what it'll be like on Tuesday, Sept. 4. That's when Ici is celebrating its 1-year-anniversary. And yes, you can thank me now for letting you know that if you're in the area from 4 to 9:30 p.m., you can get one free scoop of ice cream. (I should note the sign at the store said "for every customer" so I imagine that means you have to buy something first to be considered a customer. Who cares, I'd buy two scoops for an extra scoop!)

Ici, 2948 College Ave. at Ashby, Berkeley. PH: 510.665.6054

No comments: