Monday, October 20, 2008

Postcard from Buenos Aires



I'm back home after 22 hours in either an airport or airplane. Ugh, dang United Airlines (they definitely are not the friendly skies any more). My trip to Buenos Aires now seem so far away. So I put together this short little video on one of my many plane rides as a reminder of my 10 days in this South American city.

And starting next week, I'll be posting full reports on the various eating adventures I've had at Buenos Aires. I'll be posting on Mondays and Tuesdays (the rest of the days I'll be doing my regular Bay Area reports because food never stops here). I know, I'm such a tease, but I need some time to recuperate and organize all my photos. But I think you'll like some of the places I've visited, especially my last lunch in Buenos Aires, which lasted four hours! (Ha, there I go, being a tease again.)

3 comments:

Passionate Eater said...

I don't mind the teasing, if the posts are coming soon!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome video postcard! Love the song too (what is it?). Did you take this with the video on your camera or did you have a separate video camera? Can't wait to hear more about your adventures.

Single Guy Ben said...

Thanks Mrs. L. The song is "Todo Lo Que Soy" and it's an oldie from Carlos Ponce, the singer who turned into acting (was in a daytime soap and now has a guest appearance as the hunky contractor on NBC's "Lipstick Jungle"). I didn't have time to hunt down a song from Buenos Aires that I liked, so just used this favorite of mine since it was the perfect length!And yes, I did film the video with my little digital camera, which takes only 3 minute segments. Then pieced together on iMovie on my Mac. Super easy. :)