Sunday, October 05, 2008

Jumbo Pomegranates at Temescal Farmers' Market

They're starting to pop up at farmers' market now and, boy, are some of them huge. I'm talking about pomegranates, which is one of the few fruits still grown in people's backyard despite how much POM wants to mass produce it. But because of POM, most people know by now that pomegranates are a great source of antioxidants, which help you fight off colds and stuff. I just love their color. These were organic pomegranates from the Central Valley at this farmer at the Sunday Temescal Farmers' Market. I hope they're still around in a couple of weeks when I get back home from my vacation!

2 comments:

V.Streit said...

MMM I love pomegranate. Have fun on the vacay!

Anonymous said...

Yay! My favorite season begins with the grapes and carries right through pomegranates and persimmons. I'm sure they'll still be around in a couple weeks -- they're just beginning to come in. Have a great trip.