Tuesday, October 14, 2008

BA Preview: Vegetarians ... Avert Your Eyes!

BUENOS AIRES
It took me four days to mentally prepare myself for it, but last night I went to my first Argentinian parilla.

A parilla is like a steakhouse back in the states, and they specialize in grilling huge pieces of meat. Don't get me wrong; I have been eating meat dishes pretty much every day that I've arrived. But the meat at a parilla takes on a grander stage. Above is a simply grilled lomo or sirloin steak. I feel like the photo doesn't give it justice to how exactly huge and thick it was when it arrived.

The parilla was La Trapiche in the Palermo Hollywood neighborhood, and I'll post a more compete report when I get back. For now, please wipe your drool and go back to your regular size hamburgers! ;-)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

that piece of meat looks like a stylized cow to my glazed eyes...

agent713 said...

I {heart} meat. I can't wait for this review.

David K. and Ann C.-K. said...

We want more posts from Buenos Aires!

Anonymous said...

I dream of eating a steak in Argentina...wow...Please sir, I want some too!