Thursday, October 09, 2008

BA Preview: My Lunch With Evita

BUENOS AIRES
After 17 hours on a plane (2 of those hours just sitting on the tarmac at Washington/Dulles), I finally made it to Buenos Aires, fresh in springtime with the sun out and the air still cool and crisp.

My first stop was the Museo Evita, the museum dedicated to the "spiritual leader" of Argentina, Eva Peron. I mostly ended up here because the museum is just a few blocks from the B&B that I'm staying at. Also because I don't plan on visiting Peron's mausoleum (people rave about the architecture, but grave sites still creep me out).

The tiny museum has a cafe and bar on the side, and that's where I had a late lunch. Above is just a preview of my experience. I'll write more when I get back home. So this is just a taste of what's to come from BA.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are already having an interesting trip!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the rest of your time! Didn't get a chance to let you know before you left.