Sunday, April 04, 2010

Special Eggs at Farmers Market

If Easter was yesterday, it would have been such a beautiful day instead of the gloomy one we have this morning. Oh well, I was out at the Grand Lake Farmers' Market on Saturday morning and they had a special egg hunt going on. However, I was at the tail end of the hunt, so most of the eggs were grabbed up by the greedy kids. (Just kidding, I love the little munchkins.)

But I was still able to spot some eggs that weren't grabbed up yet as I walked around. And I know what you're thinking: No, I did not bring that one blue egg and shoot it in different spots. Those really are different blue eggs and I just found them that way!

Hope you're all enjoying your day despite the weather. Happy Easter!





10 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute and cool pictures as usual. Happy Easter!

Hungry Dog said...

Fab photos. Happy Easter!

Kim said...

Your photos are so beautiful!

JulieK said...

So the kids hunted for real eggs, not plastic ones filled with goodies?

Unknown said...

These are beautiful shots of our blue wooden eggs. Thank you for sharing! We were thrilled to ditch the plastic eggs this year.

Amelia Spilger
Grand Lake Farmers Market & MAI

Anonymous said...

Hi, Single Guy - I am the editorial director of a new online food community set to launch later this month. Can you email me? Your blog is lovely to look at and fun to read. THIS IS NOT a HOAX! editors@eatnation.com Thanks.

Carolyn Jung said...

Hah! I did think THAT. I thought, "Man, what must those produce sellers think of that guy sticking a blue egg in their bins?!?'' Hah. Love how the farmers market did that. Hope you had a great Easter, Single Guy Ben!

Single Guy Ben said...

Thanks everyone!

Julie, like Amelia said, the eggs were wooden ones. I don't know if the kids turned them in for something special or a toy or discount. Since I wasn't playing I didn't pay attention to the rules. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Darn I thought they were real eggs!

Anonymous said...

I also thought this is a real egg. I am almost fooled. I even attempted to check it out at http://www.gourmandia.com. Fortunately, I read the comments.