Thursday, April 15, 2010

New Heath Ceramics Store in the Ferry Building

I admit I’m a big admirer of Heath Ceramics and its products. And while I don’t own many pieces in my kitchen, I run into them often since it seems almost every fancy restaurant in the Bay Area sets its tables with Heath’s dinnerware.

Now I have another place to admire their wares after Heath opened a retail store earlier this month inside the historic Ferry Building. (It’s in the spot that used to be Tsar Nicolai Caviar.) The new Ferry Building store is packed with bowls and ceramic pieces, all made across the bay at the company’s longtime Sausalito factory.

Their items are pretty pricey (fitting in comfortably with the Ferry Building) but there’s no denying the quality and craftsmanship. Here are a few shots from the store when I checked it out recently.






Heath Ceramics, 1 Ferry Building on the Embarcadero, San Francisco. PH: 415.399.9284. Open weekdays, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Sat., 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.; and Sun., 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. www.heathceramics.com

5 comments:

Kim said...

Friends registered at Heath for their wedding. I need a wedding! Too bad it comes along with a husband :)

Hungry Dog said...

I've been wanting to check this place out and since I never get to Sausalito, I finally can! Nice photos.

Carolyn Jung said...

Man, I should have thought to register for that when I got married. Hmmm, can I get married all over again? But to the same person, of course? LOL

foodhoe said...

pretty... but so expensive... I'll be more careful with those plates at the restaurants, you know I always pick them up and turn them over to make sure!

Mrs. L said...

Can I buy them all?