Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Watermelon + Prosecco Part Deux

I’m still scraping away at the watermelon granita I made this past weekend, and it doesn’t hurt that we’re still in a warm spell here in the Bay Area. But if you look at the granita recipe, you’ll see that I only used one cup of Prosecco. Of course, I had to buy a whole bottle. (And I still haven’t gotten used to that pop sound.)

So what did I do with the rest of the bottle? Duh, I drank it. Bubbly doesn’t last very long and there’s only so much granita one can eat before one gets a brain freeze. That’s when I used my remaining watermelon puree and a bunch of mint to create a refreshing summer drink. Not feeling creative, I’m just going to call it my “Melonito” because I think it’s similar to a mojito because of the mint but not really. Enjoy!

1 comment:

barbie2be said...

how about a watermelon bellini? :) i love proseco, it's my favorite of the "sparkling wines".