Wednesday, April 25, 2007

How Much Is That Ducky In The Window?

I love duck, but I've mentioned before that I've never prepared it at home because of what I imagine is the smoky mess. (One day, though, I'm going to face my fear. But not today. A day when Idol Gives Back. Sorry, random reference.) Anywho, so what I usually do to quell my love for duck--other than to order it whenever I see it on a restaurant menu--is to head down to Chinatown and buy one of these scrumptious roasted ducks hanging in the window of various roasting shops. I typically tell the guy at the window to give me just half a duck (averages about $6 to $7 for half) and he chops it into slices for me. When I get home, I either eat it as is with some sauteed vegetables, or I create something special like the duck risotto below. (Then with my duck bones, I put them in the freezer for a later time when I can make my jook.) Enjoy!

No comments: