Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Soup's On!

Remember the French carrots I bought recently at the farmers market? Well, below is the soup I made with them. French carrots are so cute, and they look like carrots that's been squooshed into a little stubble. In Europe, it's sometimes called baby carrots, and not like the tiny ones sold in bags here for snacks. French carrots are supposedly more intense in flavor. But since I've never made carrot soup before, I can't say whether this soup was more carrot-tasting than if I used regular carrots. Either way, I'm now a big fan of this soup and will probably make it often. Beta carotene is known to be good for your skin and can help prevent skin cancer. And since I live in California and am out in the sun often, that's a good thing. Enjoy!

No comments: