Saturday, February 03, 2007

Look At These Carrots

I got a late start this morning so I didn't get to the farmers market at the San Francisco Ferry Building early like I planned. Of course, it was supposed to be a focus on citrus and there were just one or two events, like a citrus tasting area and a chef demonstration (but they have that every Saturday, so I don't get how it was a bigger celebration on citrus). Seemed like there were fewer products on display. Not sure if that was a sign of the recent cold snap affecting crops or just because I arrived late. (It was 11 a.m. which I didn't think was that late.) Anywho, I saw these cute little carrots called French Carrots and sold by that organic farmer in the back. Unfortunately, I saw the name and thought, Oh, I'll remember. So I didn't write it down. Of course, by the time I got home I forgot so I can't tell you the name, but it had the word "stone" as part of the name. You know the stand, they're right behind the Ghandi statue and has a prime spot. They sell all sorts of vegetables under a green-screened awning. Know the one? These French carrots look so cute, and they said it's more intense in taste and less moisture. They gave me a suggestion for a great soup so I'm going to make it soon and hopefully post the recipe in the coming week.

No comments: