Saturday, January 13, 2007

Look Seth -- Mangoes!

Last month when I gave the recipe for my Mango Chicken, I talked about how the dish was inspired by a Mango Noodles dish I ate at a Burmese restaurant. Well, blog reader Seth posted a comment saying he would like to see a recipe for Mango Noodles. Since he asked, I delivered! (Because, you know, that's how I roll.) So if you ever have an ingredient you'd like me to come up with a dish for (ala Iron Chef) or you have a dish you want tips on making (ala Food 911), then post a comment and I'll try to help you make it tasty and quick.

You can still see a few mangoes at the grocery stores (mines came from Peru via Chinatown). Mangoes are great for you because they're packed with antioxidants, vitamins and fiber! What more can you ask from a fruit? Just be sure that you pick mangoes that are ripe. Don't just judge by the color. They shouldn't feel hard when you press them. They should have some give but not very soft like mush. Enjoy!

No comments: