Monday, January 08, 2007

Hand-to-Hand Blending

For Christmas, my brother got me a Cuisinart hand blender. Ironically, it's the same one I featured in my shopping list for single chefs. (My brother doesn't read my blog, so really, I'm sure he didn't see my list. Unless he read my mind. Hmmm.) Anywho, I was excited to use the hand blender because now I can puree things that I couldn't before, like making sauces and soups.

To break in my new shiny hand blender, I decided to make cauliflower soup. I've been seeing a lot of this soup featured at restaurants this winter, and I personally love the heartiness of cauliflower. Plus it has a lot of vitamins that are good for you. But I put my own twist to the soup by roasting the cauliflower first and adding bacon. Yeah, it's a bit more work roasting the cauliflower and then simmering it to get it more tender, but it adds another depth in flavor that's outstanding. Soup is so easy to make, and with my new handy blender, I'm going to be making more in the future!

No comments: