Monday, March 14, 2011

Dinner Fast: Farro Risotto with Rapini Video

Risotto is always a quick dish to make for dinner because it takes about 20-25 minutes to cook the rice, and then you have this creamy goodness for a meal. But this time I mix it up by using farro instead of the traditional Arborio rice.

I discovered farro, an Italian grain, last year and love the healthy aspect of it because it’s a whole grain. Then I started seeing it on restaurant menus, mostly in soups or salads, but once as a risotto. So that’s how I came up with this simple farro risotto and rapini dish. This dish is healthy (well, except for the cheese and butter) and it’s all vegetarian. (Full recipe is below.) Enjoy!

4 comments:

Joe said...

Great recipe! Are there more episodes?

Single Guy Ben said...

Joe, yes, I have a bunch of videos under the "demo" label that you can click under this post. Or you can check out my YouTube channel. Ironically, one of the most viewed videos is the one I did on Spam musubi. :)

Carolyn Jung said...

You need your own Food Network show! ;)

Martha said...

So delicious! I gave this recipe 5 stars!! . A followed the recipe as printed. Thank you so much!!