Saturday, September 23, 2006

One Last Look at Summer

Summer is officially over, but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy some of summer's bounty before they're gone. One of my favorite fruits of summer is the peach. And as others busily bake their peaches or make preserves, I like to make them a meal. There's something about the sweetness of a peach and the savory flavor of soy. The combination is killer! The below recipe is something I thought up after I ate a mango chicken dish in a Burmese restaurant. To me, I think a perfectly ripe peach has the same texture of a juicy mango. And since it's not as easy to get mangos, a peach makes a nice substitution during the summer. I pair it with sugar snap peas because the green and orange colors make for a festive dish and the crunch of the sugar snap peas make a nice contrast to the softness of the peach. And it's quick to make, which is always a plus when you want dinner fast. :)

No comments: