Thursday, July 22, 2010

Top Chef: Season 7, Episode 6

I like to mix things up now and then. I can't say the same for this season of "Top Chef: D.C.," which is driving me crazy with its predictability and lack of an interesting cheftestant for me to root for. So you can imagine how hard it is every week for me to do these recaps, which I committed to do for you all this season.

So to give myself a change of pace, I thought this week's recap would be fun as a cartoon photo recap. Here it is. Enjoy! (Tip: To read some of the captioning, just click on the picture for a normal size image.)





















For an idea of what's up next week, here's a preview video of next week's episode featuring a baby-faced Congressman from Chicago.



Top Chef airs every Wednesday at 9 p.m. on Bravo. Check your local listings. Photos courtesy of the Bravo TV website.

7 comments:

Hungry Dog said...

I don't have a favorite either. I think Tiffany is funny but she doesn't seem like necessarily the strongest cook. I was rooting for Arnold until he left. This season isn't as good as the last. And they have GOT to stop bringing the Michelle Bernstein back. She's so annoying I can't believe it.

Carolyn Jung said...

So, Single Guy, do you agree with the comments floating around in cyberspace that this season's chefs are lackluster and boring? I have to say that so far none has really jumped out at me. Like last year, just from the first couple of episodes, you KNEW the V brothers and Kevin would make it to the finals. They were just so clearly outstanding from the start. This year? I can't say that anyone's food or cooking style has been that memorable so far. What a pity.

Nate @ House of Annie said...

Semi-raw scallops on rhubarb sauce? YICK! It's just screaming "please get rid of me!"

JulieK said...

I agree, I can't even remember who is who this season. Am only watching now so I can read your recap then watch the show!

Single Guy Ben said...

Carolyn, I would agree it's lackluster, but I won't go as far to say it's boring. I have liked some of the challenges. But I too don't have a frontrunner favorite. Initially I liked Angelo but then I think he's going to shoot himself in the foot by being too cocky and squirmy. I definitely don't like Kenny, but maybe Andrea could make a run for it? I don't like Kelly and Tiffany seems fun to hangout with but she likes Ed and I can't respect anyone who likes Ed.

Terry S. said...

I dunno, but I can not wrap my food palate around cold slimy scallops. I love seared scallops, maybe it's a texture thing.......

Speaking of cold, Kenny leaves me very cold, as does Alex. At this moment I'm going to root for Andrea, Michelle Bernstein was kind of cold to her. But I did like when Michelle schooled Kenny, at Judges Table.

I find it amusing that Amanda and Stephen have lasted this long.

Do any of you see a "break out star," amongst this cast?

metalchick666 said...

Hi, great post! I just wanted to chime in since you asked about the skull and bacon shirt that Andrea was wearing on last night's episode. Andrea has previously professed her love of bacon and the skull and bacon crossbones is the logo for my blog, where we all love bacon. Bacon may kill but at least it's a slow and tasty death! http://skullsandbacon.blogspot.com/