Friday, May 02, 2008

Fire-up the Kiln for a Heath Weekend

One day I’m going to rent a car and visit some foodie places in the North and South Bay, like the Heath Ceramics Factory Store in Sausalito. I’m a fan of these beautiful ceramic dinnerware and vases but I don’t even own a piece. That’s because they’re pretty darn expensive.

So I’m kicking myself that I didn’t realize that this weekend is the Heath Ceramics once-a-year Spring Open Studio, where items in the factory store will be sold at a 15 percent discount. Granted, that’s not a very big discount, but it sounds like a fun event to do some shopping, get a tour of the factory, watch some tile glazing and supposedly chow down on some BBQ. What more can you ask for in a weekend?

The Spring Open Studio hours are Saturday, May 3, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday, May 4, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Factory Store at 400 Gate Five Road in Sausalito. And if you’re like me and can’t make it out all the way to Sausalito, you can check out its Web site and order pieces and get free shipping until May 8.

Photos courtesy of Heath Ceramics Web site.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

omg i hope that wasn't the weekend we went up to bodega bay... my SIL loves this stuff and picked up some cool pieces.