Saturday, May 19, 2007

More Claypot Cooking--Chinese Style

I'm busting out my claypot again to make another dish, this time echoing my Chinese heritage. This particular meal was created by simply just deciding what ingredients I think will blend nicely together and then just arranging them in my claypot, turning up the heat, and letting all the juices meld together. In some Chinese restaurants, claypots are listed as "casseroles" because I think it acts the same way as when you're baking a casserole in the oven: just get your favorite ingredients together, put it in a casserole dish and then let it cook. Same concept with this claypot dish. It's my lazy way of cooking. I love lazy cooking because there's minimal work and then you get something in the end that makes you feel like a genius! Enjoy!

No comments: