Monday, September 07, 2009

Taking a Whack Out of the Holiday

Happy Labor Day everyone! I hope you're having fun grilling or picnicking or generally just having fun enjoying the long weekend! (And for my friends back in the Bay Area, hope you're all avoiding the Bay Bridge mess!)

I'm spending my holiday with my sister in Alexandria, Va., and her husband and 3-year-old daughter (my niece Mirabelle). For our labor day, we decided to take advantage of the crabs from Chesapeake Bay so we headed out to Maryland for a crab feed. It was delicious! But you're going to have to wait awhile before I give a full blog report, that's because I have way more New York food adventures to post. So return this week for more posts from my New York vacation, then I'll be posting about my time in Washington, D.C. And then eventually I'll be back to San Francisco Bay Area mode. Whew, this vacation is a lot of work! :)

3 comments:

Mrs. L said...

You did all those fun things in New York AND you got to have a crab feed on the holiday? So not fair! Color me jealous again.

foodhoe said...

me too, jealous about the crab feed. never been to one, sounds fantastic! I'm enjoying the vicarious thrills...

Single Guy Ben said...

Yes, it was my first crab feed and so much fun! (And messy)